I attended the Atlanta Internet Marketing Conference on behalf of my employer, Internet Marketing Expert Group on May 10, 2012 in Atlanta. Several subjects were covered, including segments devoted to the somewhat confusing subject of Mobile Marketing. Two of the keynote speakers, HubSpot VP of Marketing Jeanne Hopkins, and Jamie Turner of The 60 Second Marketer, collaborated on a book called Go Mobile. The authors believe that although many businesses find the concept of social media to be understandable because of their own personal use, the idea of starting a mobile marketing program seems daunting because they are unfamiliar with the tools.
Jamie Turner suggests some actions will help you break the ice. That’s right….just start! I’ll add a couple of my own
1. Read everything you can find about mobile marketing
2. Claim your business on location-based services. If you don’t, you won’t be found.
3. Learn how to run a mobile ad campaign.
4. Accept a few of the push notifications from Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare or your local news stations
5. Get a QR code scanner and scan a QR code.
Once you use the tools, you’ll have a greater appreciation for how they can work in your business.
How are you using mobile?